In 2014, IES Consulting performed energy and environmental modelling for BREEAM International Bespoke 2010 certification for the Hotel Lutetia in Paris. This luxury hotel built in 1910 is an historic landmark and includes:
- 231 rooms including 60 suites
- 2 restaurants, SPA and pool
- VRF System in rooftop for rooms and fan coils for other areas
- Connected to the CPCU and CLIMESPACE networks
The 3D model was built directly in IESVE with the following studies performed:
- Daylight Factor: natural daylight analysis was performed on some feature rooms with the RadianceIES module to validate the HEA 01 credit.
- Material studies: for the materials lifecycle analysis a sensitivity analysis was performed using IMPACT to validate the changes to the existing building and confirm credit MAT 01.
- Thermal study: to achieve the ENE 01 credit then the energy consumption of the proposed building must be less than a calculated baseline building guided by Appendix G of ASHRAE Energy Standard 90.1-2007. These current proposed design achieves 24.5% energy savings which is equivalent to 8 BREEAM International Bespoke 2010 points under the ENE 01.
- From that first calculation energy feasibility study and thermal comfort were made to meet ENE 05 & HEA 10 credits.