Free IESVE Software Trial
Test drive the IESVE software to see for yourself how you can use it to integrate performance analysis into the heart of the design process.
Experience VE 2018
With ease of use and faster simulation times at the heart of this release, IESVE 2018 brings greater capability and increased functionality that’s both in line with industry developments and in response to customer feedback. Take a tour of all the latest features.
New to the IESVE software and need help learning the basics? Our FREE Getting Started course provides an introduction to our integrated suite of building performance simulation tools.
The free trial is fully featured with all IESVE functionality.
In order to get started you need to download and install the software and then request and activate your licence keys. Keys activation is a manual process so please leave time for this to be undertaken.
- Sign in or create a new IESVE website account. Registration is easy and only takes a few moments.
- Download and install the IESVE applications suite.
- Launch IESVE then Request Licence Keys when prompted (keys will be issued for the software via email).
- Activate software - You will now be able to access the full IESVE software suite.
If you need help with your installation please email email@example.com
Your trial of IESVE lasts for 30 days.
You can contact your local representative if you have a colleague that would also like to trial the software. Click here for contact details.
You can obtain support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience technical difficulties with installing the software or obtaining your licence key. There are a wide range of free getting started resources that you can take advantage of and your local representative can provide support and guidance during the trial. Click here for contact details.
Getting started with new software can be challenging, especially not knowing where to start. So, that’s why we offer a wide range of free resources with useful advice and best practices to help you get the most out of your trial.
- Sign up for one of our upcoming free web demos.
- Check out our free Getting Started video series.
- Try out our On-Demand learning with our free SunCast training module.
- Enrol in our free Lunch-N-Learn: Introduction to ModelIT & Basic VE Project Setup.
- Find answers to your questions in our Knowledge Base.
- Join the IES Community to gain knowledge and find solutions to energy analysis issues.
- Download our User Guides covering all aspects of the IESVE software.
- Attend our free IES Faculty sessions.
At any point during or after your free trial you can purchase an IESVE licence. To request a free no obligation quotation please contact our Sales team.
Students / academics are not eligible for the free trial, however we offer a special student licence and academic discounts. Find out more here.
Like many computer programs, IESVE requires certain hardware and software specifications in order to install and run. These are basic requirements, though you may want to use our recommended suggestions to improve performance.
The following list of requirements and recommendations apply to the current version:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows installations on Mac OS via:
- VMware Fusion
- Parallels Desktop
- Boot Camp
Note: IESVE will run on 64bit versions of Windows, but it will run as a 32bit application. Our Radiance, Microflo and SunCast applications support multithreading.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- .NET Framework 2.0 from Microsoft
- 1152 x 864 screen resolution
- Dedicated OpenGL-compliant graphics card
- 2Ghz+ Intel Pentium / AMD Athlon CPU
- 2Gb RAM
Recommended Hardware: (for large projects)
- 1280 x 960 screen resolution
- 256Mb OpenGL v2.1 compliant graphics card
- Dual core CPU (Intel Core 2, or AMD x2 series)
- 4Gb RAM