VE 2015 Feature Pack 2
15th January 2016
Our latest VE 2015 Feature Pack 2 is now available for you to download from our download centre. This pack includes our approved SBEM and DSM solutions for Section 6 2015 (Scotland), new HVAC features and ModelIT productivity enhancements.
Download Feature Pack 2 View the Release Notes
So what's new in VE 2015 Feature Pack 2?
Scottish Section 6 (2015) & UK Building Regulations
The VE has been approved for both SBEM and DSM (ApacheSim) for the new Scottish building regulations Section 6 2015. Further guidance on these new regulations can be found here.
Please note that EPC switchover for Scotland is schedule for March 2016 so users should generate EPCs using Section 6 2010 in the meantime.
Part L2 2013 England and Part L 2014 Wales have been updated in line with the latest NCM modelling guide and SBEM 5.2.G. Further guidance can be found here.
ApacheHVAC: Ice Storage
- Thermal Storage option in chilled water loop dialog supports a broad range of ice tank charging and discharging schemes.
- Expanded sequencing table for chilled water loop cooling sources supports:
- Separate base-load
- Building-cooling modes for thermal storage discharge.
- New capacity columns and sizing options provide more flexibility and control of CHWL sizing
- Waterside graphic interface:
- Water-to-glycol heat exchanger
- Ice-making chillers
- Ice thermal storage tank
- New specific Thermal Storage results variables in VistaPro (discharge load, charging load, storage capacity fraction)
ApacheHVAC: Air Filter
- Model time-dependent “soiled” air filter(s) effect on Fans and the effects on fan power, heat gain and temperature rise.
- User specified ∆pressure = ƒ(time) characteristic based on inputs for:
- Filter cycle time
- Max soil ∆p
- A new tool is provided to assign constructions and/or macroflo properties to openings based on current selection criteria (eg area, orientation, sill height etc). (video)
- New Zoning tools added to ModelIT toolbar:
- ModelIT reporting enhancements
VistaPro Psychrometric Charts
New option added to Psychrometric charts that allows a weather file to be loaded directly.
Update to LEED Navigator
LT Access to Quality Transit credit now provides the option to import transit information from a GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification) file.
New Feature Webinars
Register to secure your place on our free live update webinars. The sessions will cover the features and enhancements from the latest Feature Pack 2 release. Scheduled dates:
Date: Thursday, 21st Jan 2016
Time: 10am - 11am
Date: Thursday, 4th Feb 2016
Time: 10am - 11am
Need any help?
Need technical help with using VE 2015 Feature Pack 2? Email email@example.com.