This live Ci2 project is developing an extremely sophisticated calibrated model to be used as a virtual benchmark for Energy Conservation Measure (ECM) evaluation. It is being delivered in conjunction with Skanska.
- Live Case Study: October 2016
- Enhanced Model created using design geometry, log book data, recorded data and measured consumption
- Model calibrated by matching simulation data against real data for a benchmark period of April-Dec 2015
- Virtual benchmark comfortably exceeded thresholds for ASHRAE Guideline 14
- Electricity calibration taken down to the hourly level, which also met all guidance thresholds
- Next steps: Calibrated Model will be used as a benchmark to virtually evaluate the effectiveness of x5 proposed Energy Conservation Measures